I do not hate my body or myself so much that I am changing it. I love myself and my body enough to look after it and take care of it.
- Ellen Degeneres
Healthy Yet Very Edible Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe!
Tired of healthy recipes that taste like bathroom cleaner? Yeah, me too. This banana chocolate chip muffin is so delicious that you won’t believe it’s made from mostly healthy ingredients. I made this today and my mom and dad loved it. Plus it doesn’t have obscure ingredients. Yay :D Yields 12 muffins at 100 calories each.
3 small ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons of greek yogurt
1/4 cup sugar (you can use less if you’re not a sweet tooth OR substitute for a low-calorie sweetener)
1/3 cup applesauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup white flour
2/3 cup whole grain flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (try dark chocolate if you can)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, blend together sugar and greek yogurt until smooth. Add the applesauce and egg, and blend again. Finally, add in the mashed bananas. Blend away!
3. In another bowl, mix together white flour, whole grain flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
4. Blend the flour mixture into the banana mixture one half cup at a time. Make sure to blend thoroughly.
5. Add in the chocolate chips
6. Spoon the batter into 12 muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes. They’re done when you can poke them with a toothpick and nothing sticks on!
I can’t believe it’ll be June soon but May has been so horrible I’m just glad for a fresh start.